Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Monday, May 09, 2005

Ahh the genie...

"Whatever poison is in this bottle will leave me broken sore and stiff. But it's the genie at the bottom who I'm sucking at. He owes me one last wish. So here's a present to let you know I still exist. I hope the next boy that you kiss has something terribly contagious on his lips..."
~"Jude Law and a Semester Abroad" - Brand New (natch)

I think this is why we all drink...desperately seeking answers at the bottom of a bottle. Shit, at least that's why I do it lol. I have found that drowning my sorrows in alcohol makes me feel better...temporarily. And life is too short to be sober ALL the time. Luckily, I don't have much to drink about these days because my life is running pretty smoothly. I don't have an enormous amount of pain to deal with. So now, I just help others, which is always nice. Got a few girlfriends who are just finding out that they're unhappy about this or that, and I'm always there to hear about it and help when I can. What are friends for?

And then some boy crazy friends'o'mine (like my baby Jess) call me to gush over their latest cuties. You know what I have to say to that right? PLAY ON PLAYA!!! Again, life is too short to be attached to just one freakin' guy.

Guys to me fall into categories.

You've got the "Buddy". See, "buddy", well he's there to talk to, to tell you if your fat is popping out of those too-tight pants, answers the age old "do these shoes match this purse" type questions, is a shoulder to scream on. "Buddy" will never get the booty, but he sticks around anyway, perhaps hoping for the day you profess your neverending love for him (LOL). Every girl's got a "buddy".

Then there's the "Friend with Benefits". "FWB" has all the same qualities as "buddy", but you're attracted to "FWB", so he gets the booty benefits. "FWB" may have a girlfriend, may be single but not looking to settle down (the horror!) or he may just really want to be with you and feels that, since you're of the genus noncommitu (non-commital species), "FWB" is all he'll ever be, and he'll accept that.

We can't forget "Mr. BusyPants". "Mr. B" is damn near perfect: smart, funny, good-looking, sweet, chivalrous, generous, ambitious and last, but certainly not least, excellent in bed. BUT! His one flaw is that he is SO ambitious, that he has no real time for you. He tries: he calls every now and again and text messages you out of the blue, even makes time to see you when he can find a free moment in his uber-busy schedule. But you're unhappy! He is the ideal mate, but can't commit because he has no time. So, your only options are hanging out with "Buddy" and "FWB" until he comes around. Because, of course, you're too smart to wait around, alone and lonely, for him to realize what a good catch you are. Or maybe that's just me lol.

Ciao for now!

1 Comments:

  • LMAO.... ohhh yes... buddy, fwb... you hit it right on the flippin nose girl! I gots LOTS o' buddies that I don't realize are digging me, but others do. What can I say? I'm just friendly! lol.. and yes, fine... BOY CRAZY, if you MUST!! lol... love ya...

    ps...SONG TRIVIA!!!! No cheating, YAZ! Just listen to what you got!
    "Back in school they never taught us
    what we needed to know
    Like how to deal with despair
    or someone breakin your heart "

    This song really means nothing important to me... its just cool... :P

    By Blogger J, at May 10, 2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home